Monday 16 August 2010

Chapter 1 – Pre-season and new season hopes!

Those of you still reading who know about football will know my beloved West Ham have a new manger in place for next year, Avram Grant. I have to admit I feel confident that he will get us playing well and do a good job, bloody hope so! We have a few new faces as always happens during the Summer, but I was surprised not to see more leave yet. But the transfer window is still open as I write and many changes could easily be the case. Speculation suggests we may sell Carlton Cole and buy Yakubu. Right now I’d say bad move, but if it happens, let’s see if it comes off. Maybe this is why I am not a manager. Also I’d like to cash in on Upson, get rid of Dyer (won’t make a difference as he never plays anyway), Boa Morte should have gone and not been given a new contract, maybe the time is to cash in on Behrami as well. Also we should get shot of Gabbiadon, Spector and Tomkins. Yeah this leaves us lacking in defence, but surely we can get someone decent in.

We’ve had a decent pre-season actually. The first team have so far played 7, won 5, drawn 2 (of which one we won on penalties) – not like us, maybe it’s a good omen! Like to think so!

So, the new season…I really don’t fancy another relegation battle. Mid table obscurity this season would be fine by me, then push on for the top half of the table next year. I am realistic, we’re not going to be pushing for those European places, we just don’t have the cash available that the likes of Man City have. It’d be nice if we did. So I’m gonna say we’ll finish 12th this season, or maybe 13th… no 12th! Let’s go for it!

Written: 9th August 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment