Thursday 29 April 2010

More Election Guff....

I know it’s really common to talk about the election and yes I do realise that I have already made one comment on here about it. But fuck it! It’s my Blog and I can post up here whatever I bloody well feel like.

Obviously yesterday the PM Gordon Brown made a huge error by insulting a voter. That’s surely his challenge dead and buried to win this election for Labour. But the thing is where do these votes go? You’d think Lib Dem’s would pick more up than the Conservatives. The hatred between Labour and Conservative would see Lib Dem’s take the votes I’d have thought and mount a real challenge to win.

I am also not watching these poxy live debates, because I’m honestly not interested in watching three boring men stand there and talk about things. Yes some of these things are important, but I have more important things going on in my own life. These debates will not change my decision on where to cast my vote. So fuck them.

And fair play to the SNP for trying to get in on the debate. If it’s going to be fair they should invite the leader of every party to a debate. Imagine seeing Lord Sutch on there back in the day, how great would that have been. But to make it fair they should invite the Green’s, the UKIP’s and the others – but a big fuck off to those arseholes in the BNP!

But let’s face it, all of the parties are as crooked as each other. They’ll say anything in their promises to get you to vote for them and 9 out of 10 times they won’t deliver (probably too busy filling out their poxy expense forms on their umpteenth residence or for massages cause of the stress of being an MP).

I have never missed a chance to vote personally, whether it is a general election or a local election, I feel I should go and cast my vote. With a general election I do vote properly for who I believe in. But like so many others my confidence in politicians is shot to fuck. My views have changed so much recently, it’s coming down to the fact that I will probably go and vote for the party who doesn’t go about slagging the other parties off. Maybe if politicians spent more time on their policies and making a positive change instead of looking for ways to have a go at the opposition.

I can see what’ll happen, I’ll get in the voting booth and if temptation takes over I’ll spoil my form. None Of The Above – Monty Brewster had the right idea in Brewster’s Millions! Either that or maybe I’ll vote for the person with the funniest name – done that before in the local elections, ha ha ha!

I also love it when they come knocking on my door to represent their party. I have to give them back chat, seems only fair. In my town it’s always a two horse race between Conservative and Lib Dems. If either come knocking then they are of course expected to field many questions from myself and given the chance to respond and persuade me to vote for them. Of course if they knock and cannot answer a question on their policies they will get called on it and told to politely fuck off! So far this election no one has knocked to ask if they can count on my vote, maybe I’ve been blacklisted for giving too much lip! Can’t say I’m fussed.

I also love to give shit to the people who sit at the entrance to the voting station. Sat there in their rosettes and asking for my registration number. They don’t need it, they just wanna scroll through their poxy list to see if I was a voter who said I’d support their party. I’m quite looking forward to it this year so that I can give them some chat back, it’s one of the best things about voting for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment